Sunday, April 14, 2013

Keeping busy

I've really been keeping busy this month with lots of freelance work & collaborative projects.  I snuck in some drawing time to make a new Penguin & Peep piece this week, and spruce up one that I felt I could have done better on.


New Penguin & Peep piece- "Japanese Garden Stroll"
Fireworks: Version 1

Fireworks: Version 2


I wasn't sure the original version of my "Fireworks" print fit as well as it could with the other Penguin & Peep illustrations I'd done, because the colors are bolder and the strokes not as delicate.  So, when I went back to tweak it I softened the fireworks, made the sky more purple, and added flowers to the bushes.  I also enlarged Penguin & Peep a bit.  Looking at them both together, I still like them both, and I think version 2 just looks a little more girly. In the end, I'm not sure if the result was better, or just different.  What do you think?


No comments: