Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dr. Sketchy's

This is my favorite drawing from the evening. I had a lot of fun with the colors and the lines.
This was the first contest- to draw our lovely model as a sexy teacher or librarian. I won! Can you belive it, I acctually won a contest. My prize was 2 tickets to the photographic museum and passes for myself and a guest to a halloween event downtown.



In my quest to cram more life drawing into my life (but still trying to not break my budget) aside from the open life drawing session I found out about on weds I discovered Dr. Sketchy's which is an open drawing session held at a bar once a month. There is a suggested donation of $10, the models arn't nude but they dress up in fun costumes and there are even contests with prizes. It's a good way to mix things up. Life drawing doesn't always have to be so serious! The picture above was the last one I drew. I couldn't see her foot too well because of the guy in fornt of me so I gave up straining my neck to finish it and drew his silluette in.

http://www.myspace.com/drsketchysandiego

No comments: